Fakenham Bowmen is keen to encourage all members to develop their abilities so while we are shooting indoors we have brought in a Portsmouth Award Scheme.
The Portsmouth Round award scheme is designed to help you practice your shooting while scoring a recognised round that will go towards your indoor classification and handicap.
Standard Portsmouth indoor round will be shot and scored, if you achieve the score within the range of the award twice then you can claim a badge. So if you score 458 and 471 you can claim the badge for 450 and so on. These awards are based on totals for your round and will start as from the beginning of this indoor season.
The scores to aim for are, 300, 350, 375, 400, 450, 475, 500, 525, 550, 575, 580, 590 and of course 600.
This award is primarily for beginners and will be free for them to enter, normally the beginner is only someone who has started shooting for that season only, but for this award we will be classing beginners as anyone who started in any of last years last years (2015) induction courses.
Experienced members of the club are welcome to shoot and claim an award for a small charge of just £2 per badge.
· Scores need to be achieved twice to qualify for the award.
· Qualifying scores for a Portsmouth round must be shot on different days, only one attempt per shooting day
· To make an award claim 2 signed score sheets needs to be submitted
· The round must be shot under normal shooting conditions and scoring which means don’t score your own or a family members arrows.
· The two score sheets and the completed claim form (download here) must be given to Andy, if the scores are part of a round the score sheets will be passed on to Ken after the award is given.
· The award badges will be presented to the successful archer on completion of the second score.
· Badges will be awarded per Archer, not per bow type.